Advice needed for new plumbing

Jacqui      Too

We are about to install a new plumbing system and have  need of some advice.

We would like a hot water tank with an immersion heater and a secondary coil for an alternative heat source such as solar panels.

Now my questions are:

1 can we buy such a tank in France (as I have only found electric only) and if so where and approx cost (150-200lts)?

What solar panels would we need to supply this tank, size, type, approx cost?

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thanks

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/mpng2-front/pre?zone=zonecatalogue&renderall=off&idEIPub=1170869236

There ya go[/quote]

Thank you BM, A very useful site, choked a bit at the price!! but they do have cheaper ones:

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/mpng2-front/pre?zone=zonecatalogue&idLSPub=1119362138

I am interested in finding out about individual items and not a kit, as they seem to be expensive??

We intend to install the tank and immersion first and have the facility to add solar panel heat at a later date.

I don't know anything about solar panels and which ones are best, so advice still needed[:)]

We have this is our house - oil fired CH with an extra circuit for solar if and when we are ever resident.

300l reservoir with 2nd circuit for solar and associated valves was €2500 fitted, but that was in 2005 when the exchange rate was a little better [:)]

I haven't the time at the moment to fish around the murky depths of the Leroy Merlin site, but somewhere there you should find a chauffeau electric with a coil for heating the water either from a chaudier, or solaire. A friend bought one a while back and it was something like 450E for a 250L size. Needed ordering, though, so you won't find it in the store necessarily.

For evacuated solar tubes have a look at Andrew-the-pool-guy's site, as one example (go to the swimming pool section and you're sure to find him), but don't try to access his site using anything but Internet Explorer !

paul

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]I haven't the time at the moment to fish around the murky depths of the Leroy Merlin site, but somewhere there you should find a chauffeau electric with a coil for heating the water either from a chaudier, or solaire. A friend bought one a while back and it was something like 450E for a 250L size. Needed ordering, though, so you won't find it in the store necessarily.

For evacuated solar tubes have a look at Andrew-the-pool-guy's site, as one example (go to the swimming pool section and you're sure to find him), but don't try to access his site using anything but Internet Explorer !

paul[/quote]

Excellent, I'll have another look on the Leroy Merlin site and see if I can find them also if we have one in Perigueux.

Got IE so will go to Pool- Guy's site and read up, I wonder if he supplies them ?

Thank you all

I recommend that you gem up on the various financial incentives and their conditions.

We were entitled to a tax rebate, ADEME grant and a local grant - supply and fit by a QUALISOL approved outfit.  The net cost worked out a lot cheaper than buying the kit and installing it ourselves.

[quote user="dr orloff"]I recommend that you gem up on the various financial incentives and their conditions.

We were entitled to a tax rebate, ADEME grant and a local grant - supply and fit by a QUALISOL approved outfit.  The net cost worked out a lot cheaper than buying the kit and installing it ourselves.[/quote]

I'm afraid I don't think we would be eligible for any grants as it a maison secondaire, but perhaps others know different!

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"] A friend bought one a while back and it was something like 450E for a 250L size. Needed ordering, though, so you won't find it in the store necessarily.
paul[/quote]

Just got a quote from our builders merchant here in UK and the same thing called direct solar cylinder (220lt) costs £ 368 inc vat so works out slightly cheaper in France

[quote user="dr orloff"]None of my business really and I don't know your circumstances, but solar panels for a maison secondaire is an expensive way to go.  The payback period of solar versus water heated on the night tariff is long for a maison principale.[/quote]

I have PM'd you