Wet underfloor heating bits

Gyn_Paul

Has anyone come across a French supplier of underfloor heating components - preferably with a design service?

My local builder's merchant had a supplier he used (the customer supplies a plan, he sends it off, they do the calculations, and then send a devis), but that company has apparently stopped doing the underfloor part of its business.

The only place I have found so far, who provide this service, is Leroy Merlin. However they seem very expensive, and - whilst I'm happy to go with them if I can't find anywhere cheaper - I'd like (at the very least) to be able to do a 'compare and contrast'.

There seem to be a number of companies who are keen to design-supply-and-fit, but supply only ?  Not so much.

p

There are lots of manufacturers out there, Oventrop, PB Tub etc, etc

All professional plumbing and heating merchants will be able to provide this service

All the manufacturers provide this service as it is normal for them to do the design for their product to comply with the decennal insurance carried by the installing contractor

Make sure you know what you are doing if you install yourself because you only get one chance and then the floor is laid, once the floor is finished you are stuffed if there is a problem

Le Plombier

Leroy's price is laughable, how they ever sell any systems I don't know especially in Chateauroux, the guy we got our devis from didn't have a clue, when DH asked about the controllers and solenoids he just said, oh it's in the pack.

we got our uponor system from an reliable ebay seller in the uk and arranged for it to be shipped by courier in 3 separate parcels each for £20 or so. Ours was a bargain as it'll do the complete 140m2 and we paid £1000

Previously we had uponor and it works really well but we bought it direct 5 or 6 years ago and so it was expensive and their controllers are too expensive for what they do.

This time we've gone for the commercial sized 20mm pipe rather than the 16mm as it wont require so many loops or pipe.

There are many uk suppliers (think theres a cheaper german make - check german ebay too) who will ship here with the complete system.

It's not that difficult to design the pipe layout yourself if you can't get anyone to do it and fitting it is easy enough.

hth

Pippa