sandblasted interior stonework. What now?

I have no intention of replicating that mix for historical accuracy!! [:D][:D][:D]

50-50 lime/cement with sand mortar has been used extensively in the rebuild giving strength and flexibility

Ron, I am sure that's better than the previous mix, at least those small furry animals will have a tough time making new homes too.

You can say that again, the old poisoned dead ones and nests that  I have dug out of the walls is nobody's business, I wondered where the insulation on my water pipes had gone!!  I feel bad sealing up the holes that the little lizards use though[:(]

Thanks everyone. Time for a bit of experimentation I think,  and I must just add that the masons who we employed to open holes for french windows and windows rebuilt the bits of walls round them using stone and a lime mortar with no concrete in the mix. And very beautiful it looks too. Now we've got to bring the rest of it up to a matching standard. It's going to be a long hard summer. And I dont think we're likely to get it so perfect outside that the lizards wont be able to find a little home!