Disjoncteurs

PaulT

The sheet with a new Legrand board shows using a 16a disjoncteur for 8 outlets using 2.5 mm2 cable. Gallauziaux and Fedullos book, L'installation electrique shows usin a 20a disjoncteur. Whic is correct?

Also, I have been buying all Legrand equipment however, disconcteur prices, in a range from cheapest to dearest seem to go Nalto, Felten, Merlin Gerlin and finally Legrand. In your opinion is it best to go Legrand or save, in the case of Nalto and Felten, a great deal in populating a board?

Thanks

Paul

[quote user="Nick Trollope"]

They both are. The regs say a maximum rating of 20A on 2,50mm cable (16A on 1,50mm cable)

I use/prefer GE bits, although the range is morte limited than Legrand, it is as good a quality, and cheaper.

Stay away from Nalto, Memex and the like, they are cr*p (IMQO)

[/quote]

Nick

Many thanks for the reply and the clarification.

I will also bow to your knowledge on what to avoid. I know that price is not always the whole story but one of those is under 50% of the Legrand price which makes me wary - I suppose ideal for the fly by night types.

Paul

[quote user="P2"]

The sheet with a new Legrand board shows using a 16a disjoncteur for 8 outlets using 2.5 mm2 cable. Gallauziaux and Fedullos book, L'installation electrique shows usin a 20a disjoncteur. Whic is correct?

Also, I have been buying all Legrand equipment however, disconcteur prices, in a range from cheapest to dearest seem to go Nalto, Felten, Merlin Gerlin and finally Legrand. In your opinion is it best to go Legrand or save, in the case of Nalto and Felten, a great deal in populating a board?

Thanks

Paul

[/quote]

hi ok

Think you will find it says      16 amp fuse or a 20 amp disjoncteur

Dave

Dave

[quote user="Nick Trollope"]And I think you'll find that the OP was talking about disjoncteurs and that I am right. Noone in their right minds uses fuses any more.[/quote]

I agree. Yet the wiring instructions for my ballon suggests using a fuse and Mr Brico's kit to connect a ballon contains fuses. So just to be perverse, I wired it with a 10A disjoncteur.

[quote user="Nick Trollope"]And I think you'll find that the OP was talking about disjoncteurs and that I am right. Noone in their right minds uses fuses any more.[/quote]

hi ok

bit peeved off here Nick .... There is no way I would try to under mind you .. I just thought  the OP might have just read the translation from French to English wrong ... thats why i posted an alternative answer .....

Dave

No, I was talking disjointeurs.

The book states:

Prises de courant 16 A

Nombre de points d'utilisation: 5

Section des conducteurs: 1.5

Fusible: Interdit

Disjointeur: 16

Prises de courant 16 A

Nombre de points d'utilisation: 8

Section des conducteurs: 2.5

Fusible: 16

Disjointeur: 20

Whilst, to put it in the form above, the Legrand sheet that came with a board fitted with disjointeurs and showing these in the diagram:

Prises de courant 16 A

Nombre de points d'utilisation: 8

Section des conducteurs: 2.5

Disjointeur: 16

Hence my query when 2 sources were giving different values for 16 A outlets in 2.5 mm2 cable using disjointeurs.

Paul