Help with white grout turning grey!! Claire??

WJT

Hi, I am hoping Claire or someone else can help me quite quickly. I am afraid  we have a bad tiler that has caused all sorts of problems fitting my stone tiles. The one at the moment is that the off white Weber flex grout is turning dark grey in areas and is very mottled. He is now returning the sack to the shop he bought it from thinking it is off, and will return to do the shower this afternoon! He used white glue.

Can anyone help please before he returns!???

Edit: My only thought could be that the glue wasn't dry when he fitted the tiles. On the wall is placo marine (green plasterboard), the grout is waterproof and I treated the tiles before he fitted them. He used about 10mm of glue on the walls and 3mm on the back of the 40x40 12mm thick tiles. He grouted the next day with 3mm size grout lines (joins).

I really can't comment on what is wrong with the Weber Joint Flex grout you mention.

It could be old, it could have gone off, it could have been mixed incorrectly, there could be some residue on the surface of the tiles...

Basic advice: work on a smallish area at a time, keep a bucket of water and a gritty sponge/pad at hand and clean the excess as you go along.

A little time consuming but effective.

Good luck [:)]

It was me! John thank you for the link, I added it to my favourites. Once the shower has been grouted by the new tiler I will look at ordering this product. Looks excellent.

P.S. Sorry Clair for misspelling your name in the title. [:$]