Insulation supplier

lh

Hi,

Im trying to find a local (47) supplier of Kingspan/Celotex or the equivalent french product. None of the Brico chains seem to have this type of insulation, and I haven't found anything on this forum. Trawling the net with my limited french, I've found Efisol but can't seem to find anything on suppliers. CAn anyone help?

Very disappointed that there have been no replies to this request. Lots of posts seem to generate a lively discussion, and there has been some criticism of those who bring stuff over from the UK. We'd prefer to source materials over in France but if we can't find what we want.........

Well I will be bringing it over from the UK because I haven't found any either.

Some Artisan roofers don't use vapour membrane either and one recently informed me that insulation only lasts 10 years that's why he doesn't bother with it. (for ten years is the length of the guarantee)

Personally I blame cellotex and kingspan for not making moves into Europe properly after all EU directives state that insulation must be fitted, just another bit of EU legislation wasted on the French.

That should be enough to kick off a lively debate [6]

You see lh, that's how to get the answer you want.

It's no good just asking the forum, you have to make a stand, that way someone will contradict you and et voila the answer.

Thanks guys, now lets see where the stuff is sold and at what price. [;-)]

Insulation supplier/plumbing/electrical ETS Geopp in Dordogne  05 53 27 17 60, they (Margaret and Fredrick) both speak english and should be able to help you.

Don't know if they only supply and install or can help DIY'ers but it does hurt to ask.

Hope you get what you want

Andrew

Thanks all for the replies. I had already checked out the Kingspan site, but it seems to deal with products for commercial sites, like factories, etc and I can't find the equivalent of Kingspan TP10 on there.

(We've decided on the TP10 or equivalent which gives an R value of 4.5 at 100mm, rather than the K7 which gives R=5, as it seems to be almost double the price for only a 10% gain)

Thanks for the link to placo.fr, one I hadn't found. Their Placotherm product looks as if it will be suitable, though we weren't looking for doublage - so I'll search for a supplier and price and post what I find back here.

Well done, I've contacted both Celotex and Kingspan but had no response.

I suspect one roof is not sufficient of a load! I wonder if a few of us could get together......but what would they charge for delivery?

The Placotherm I am looking into is polyurethane insulation - would be nice if Placo sold just the insulation, in the same way they do the polystyrene types. I do suspect that even if I find the right stuff, it will be a lot more expensive in France - thats based on the prices I have found for the other insulations/thicknesses.

I'm making progress in my search for our roof insulation.

I've found Placotherm 10+80 doublage at a builders merchant, Leroy Merlin has Efisol Efithan floor insulation and PointP has Efisol TMS floor and wall insulations, plus SisReve doublage, all in various thicknesses. Not been able to get prices for many but what I have seems to be two to three times the UK price.

I can't see any reason why we shouldn't use the floor or wall versions on the roof, ut comments welcome.

We're hoping to get out to France in August so it'll be trips round the local builders merchants with a material list in the hope of getting some suitable quotes.

Hi lh, Like yourself I struggled to find quality insulating materials at a sensible price in France. The best price I could find for the French equivalent of 50mm Celotex was £45.00 a sheet compared to £15.00 a sheet in the UK. I required 150 sheets which totally filled a 7.5t Lorry and a 3.5t trailer: insulation, whilst light is very bulky. If you require a lot of insulation it might pay to search the internet for a haulier. I would suggest you employ a UK based company if only for better communications regarding your requirements. Maybe someone here can recommend a good company.

I am using the Celotex in the floor, walls and roof. Regarding the roof, I don't like using Celotex between chevrons as it is so difficult to cut the insulation to a fit that stops drafts. I have used 100mm glass wool between the chevrons with 50mm Celotex fixed to the underside of the chevrons by 25mm battens fixed with 100mm screws.

Sounds like a lot of insulation - your place should be cosy once done.

We are only looking at the roof at the moment, and want to keep the trusses and rafters on show. That just about rules out any of the softer glasswool or other insulations as we'd then need extra 200mm rafters to support the tiles above.

I think the best I have found so far (via online searching only) is Efisol Efithan from Leroy Merlin which their website shows as 12.45 euros/sq.m for 53mm thick. Now need to work out whether it's cheaper to pay that, or to ship out!

(I've tried to post a diagram but it doesn't seem to work)

• 5 weeks later...

An update for anyone who's interested.

We've got free loan of a suitable trailer, and after searching the internet for the best price, got an even better one (with no prompting) from our local Jewson branch - less than £10 sq.m for 100mm thick Kingspan. Well worth the extra cost of the trailer on the ferry and motorway.