Pumped Shower drain

Babbles

I mightily pee'd off as the people I asked to do the builders clean have put "rubble" the texture of course sand down the drain of the shower, I've fetched out what I can from the traps in the tray but it still seems to be draining slowly, if the showers running the water starts to back up slowly and the pump starts to pump but turning on and of ( I've never actually heard the pump run continuously ever is that normal?) I can get access to the pump if need be as we put in an access hatch.

My question is what can I do to get it running quicker as I've got guests booked in tonight, can I use a plunger thingy or will that cock the pump up?

Yes it is a saniflow pump but it doesn't do the loo just the sink and the shower because of the change of levels.

Thanks for that, I think I'll have to wait till MOH comes out on sunday, its not blocked completely and it does work after a fashion. Many Thanks

Do you know if the pump should run continuously when the shower is working correctly?

The pump will not run continuously

It is controlled by level switches and the result is that it operates in a series of short sharp bursts

If your drain is full of sand then I doubt that a plunger will clear it

Your best bet may be to run the shower continuously and see if the water, along with the action of the pump will clear the drain

Are you happy that the saniflow unit is installed correctly

I have seen no end of problems with these units due to the fact they have not been installed properly

The best method to install them is a pumped vertical discharge followed by a vertical drop in to the gravity drain

This dissipates the pump pressure so it cannot affect the gravity drain

I see them installed a lot with the use of non return valves to connect to the gravity drain

Non return valves are mechanical devices and can fail

Le plombier

Thanks for that, it is professionally installed, I just couldn't call the plumber as he's en vacances! But thats interesting that it should only run in short bursts I assumed if the shower runs continuously so would the pump so that puts my mind at rest, once again thanks for all the answers.

If it is one of the cabin showers with the fibre glass tray and the inverted cup type of trap then they all drain pathetically slowly and you can find yourself up to your ankles after a long shower.

If this is the case the only solution is to fit a proper bonde but you will not have the room (unless you can use the solivage) without raising the whole cabin significantly.

No its not one of those cubical things the first house we bought in the Gers had one and we took it out , never again! we raised the floor and have the porcelain tray sunk in it but had to put a pump on it as the drain in the street is higher but we only have to raise the water about 50 cm, I was a bit loathed to have to pump it and fortunately we don't have to pump the loo, but the pont between the shower and the pump is the absolute minimum or else the step into the would have been too high, this shows the shower but not the tray (using safari so can't get the image to load so you'll have to cut and paste unless some kind person can get it to work)

[IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv319/15grandrue/2Caux6Best.jpg[/IMG]