Solar Water Heating

UlsterRugby1999

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"][quote user="teapot"]Can you test the temprature so you can be more accurate 65 degrees feels very hot but a long way from boiling.[/quote] Just tested it this morning. I got 37.8 degrees Celcius which equates to 100.04 degrees Farenheit. Errr - that'd be pretty hot then and possibly why the C/E is working so hard. Does that sound about right. [Www] [quote user="Nick Trollope"]Not that I am aware of, I'm afraid. Where are you? I can probably find you someone to design a system for you.[/quote] Thanks Nick - I'm in the south east Vienne area - Montmorillon is the nearest largest town.[/quote]

No idea [8-)]

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"][quote user="teapot"].[/quote] Just tested it this morning. I got 37.8 degrees Celcius which equates to 100.04 degrees Farenheit. Errr - that'd be pretty hot then and possibly why the C/E is working so hard. Does that sound about right. [Www] [quote user="Nick Trollope"][/quote] [/quote]

This gets even more silly and no, it doesnt sound about right.

38 degrees celcius is anything but too hot, you are looking for 65 degrees celcius.

Try dipping your elbow in it, if the skin comes off then you had 100.04 degrees celcius which is too hot [6]

[quote]

[quote]Just tested it this morning. I got 37.8 degrees Celcius which equates to 100.04 degrees Farenheit. Errr -

that'd be pretty hot then and possibly why the C/E is working so hard. Does that sound about right. [Www][/quote]

This gets even more silly and no, it doesnt sound about right. 38 degrees celcius is anything but too hot, you are looking for 65 degrees celcius. Try dipping your elbow in it, if the skin comes off then you had 100.04 degrees celcius which is too hot [6][[/quote]

Achhhh – how embarrassing is that? I had it in my head that water boiled at 100˚F. I used a thermometer for checking the kids temps etc – and – you’ve guessed it – upon checking it just now I found that it had blown after I had tested it in the water yesterday. [8-)]

I don’t think we actually have a thermometer that will read that high but I can assure you, that you would scald your elbow if you put it in. The water is pretty close to boiling water. I’ll see if I can check it somehow.

What temperature should it normally be?

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

Mmmmmmmm - and guess what I cannot find a chez nous. A thermometer that goes over 50C. This is getting silly to use a quote [:$][;-)]

[/quote]

Go to your local GiFi or other tat shop and buy an internal/external thermometer for about 10€ - they will work!

I've emailed you, BTW. Let me know if you don't get it.

EDIT - And it bounced! I'll PM you this time...

[quote user="Nick Trollope"][quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

Mmmmmmmm - and guess what I cannot find a chez nous. A thermometer that goes over 50C. This is getting silly to use a quote [:$][;-)]

[/quote]

Go to your local GiFi or other tat shop and buy an internal/external thermometer for about 10€ - they will work!

I've emailed you, BTW. Let me know if you don't get it.

EDIT - And it bounced! I'll PM you this time...

[/quote]

Mmmm Strange that Nick - I use that email address all the time. I'll reply via the private route now. Tomorrow I'm off to search for a fancy thermometer.

• 2 weeks later...