Band saw blades.

Jonzjob

Has anyone any idea where I can get good quality band saw blades here in France?

I have always got them from Axminster Power Tools, but I wondered if it's possible to get good ones at a reasonable price here?

I have a Startright 301S saw that takes a 92 1/2" or 235cm blade.

Lames de scies à ruban

trempées is close
r to the name me-thinks TP? At least it is on Bugsys site. By hell, they aren't arf expensive here too! 33€ for the length, but they only do a 1/2" and not the 1/4" that I use.

They don't appear to have the size at all at otelo.fr LesF? Not that I could find? And your site TP seems to deal with metal work saws, so it looks like Axminster are still the best bet me-thinks?

I have no idea why the first para is in 'bold'? It won't let me change it, stupid machine!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

At least it is on Bugsys site. By hell, they aren't arf expensive here too! 33€ for the length, but they only do a 1/2" and not the 1/4" that I use.

[/quote]

they do a nice 'free' catalogue if you want to 'drool'. [:D]

hi ok

Thought you had put this to bed  a while back  ???    give this firm an email http://www.woodfordwm.co.uk/  they will make them up and post them to you if they are not a stock item   , get my saw blades  and planer blades of them  at 1/3 of the price of getting them re-sharpend over here

Dave

I got my planer blades sharpened for free but I had to be patient, luckily on rummaging for some other stuff I found that I had invested in a spare set and forgotten about them.

Consumable stuff like this is just a crazy price in France but I guess it always was, my first connections with France were ordering and sending on stuff like this to English and French friends.

Hi Dave, I checked with them and compaired them with Tewksbury Saw and TS are £2 or so less and give a 15% discount for 3 or over. That is the place that I got the saw about 14 years ago and they do good kit.

I've ordered them now, so a big ta to all! I still can't come to terms with 33€ here and £8 with VAT and no discount in England?