Basin waste problem

Cacknanty

I am probably missing the obvious, installed a new basin complete with pop up waste.

Where the rod enters the waste I can't stop it dripping when water is released from the basin. I can make it worse but I can't get it to be completely drip free.

What am I not doing or doing wrong.

I have had the rod horizontal and at a slight angle so that water doesn't track down the rod. At a more acute angle, the waste can't be operated enough to allow the water to drain quickly.

It ain't half frustrating.

On the rod that passes into the waste, it should pass through a plastic ball.  on either side of this ball there is a cup shaped washer. If one or both of these is missing then you get leaks.  also, you may need to wrap some PTFE tape around the threads before you screw it together.

I know this from the time I did exactly this a few weeks ago and got lots of leaks [:$]

Too many years visiting French hotels where they were normally bent incontinent or totally non functioning. I normally damm the expense and fit a bonde de clapet. Expensive but a small price to pay for knowing you will never have to grapple behind the basin again

http://www.bricodepot.fr/bordeaux/plomberie/evacuation-cuisine-salle-de-bain/evacuation-lavabo