Godin stoves

Podrushka

I did try google and part of an old thread from here, minus the web suggested,..amazing how hard to find. many in us, uk, have manufacturer address and just wrote supra. one here in be. but not much help.would rather not ship!

thanks for the input. any help much appreciated.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]You could try using Google, type in Godin stoves and I am sure you'll get a list of stockist. Sorry I can't help with the other question.

[/quote]

That was really helpful - why bother posting at all?

I think you need a different search string. I found THESE using the search string "Godin" AND "evian les bains" in Google, hope it helps.

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="Cendrillon"]You could try using Google, type in Godin stoves and I am sure you'll get a list of stockist. Sorry I can't help with the other question.

[/quote]

That was really helpful - why bother posting at all?

I think you need a different search string. I found THESE using the search string "Godin" AND "evian les bains" in Google, hope it helps.

[/quote]

Well at least if nothing else it bumped the enquiry up to the top.[8-)]

Don't know whether to talk about my experience with Godin stoves or just keep quiet.  However, as the OP is a new poster, I think it's only fair to try and be helpful.

I have a big Godin woodburner in my sitting-room in dept 17 and also a very big, oven, comprising impressive looking 3 different ovens, hob and massive hood.

All looks just great:  mine is black with brass rails and decorations and is the admiration of everybody who comes to visit.

However (well, you knew there would be a "however", didn't you?), I don't now think that any of the equipment is good value and the company itself was not easy to deal with.

I've already had different little niggles with the hob and the glass door of the small oven has a hinge that has now come off.  We are only 2 persons and I am an ultra fussy, careful user.

None of the components has been extensively used, all is cared for, cleaned, used according to instructions, etc.  I'd say the things have been used for perhaps 2 years and they have been a big disappointment to me.

I don't mind telling you about the faults in greater detail if you wish to PM me.

i have also seen vermont castings in and around brussels,we have one at home. the place we are moving has a soap stone bear already in place. i am sure it does the job but in choosing the house we will live in, i was "cheated" out of a fireplace. the godin had an enamel free standing with chimney out of the top. on the advice of another member i may have to rethink. i do not want to keep the bear however.. that one is gone.

thanks again for comments..