Re: Purchasing a house with land some queries

WJT

Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge than me, but I do recall the Notaire mentioning that if it is less than I believe 3 hectares than a farmer or anyone else using it for that matter, it would never be a problem. It is only land in excess of that would need to be careful of any agreements made. But certainly worth enquiring about in any case.

It's sensible to check out  any servitudes and lettings before buying, having read some horror stories on the forums. The first person to ask will be the vendor. Then you could try the Mairie. And the notaire and immobilier. I'm not sure if Safer would know. Though when we bought ours we didn't make enquiries, I would do if I was buying now.

We bought a property a while back with similar amount of land.

SAFER was part of the buying process, the land in our case had a neighbouring farmers cattle on there, once we bought the property the farmer asked us if it was okay to continue, wasn't a problem for us. The whole buying process for us took just 6 weeks!

If there is any agreement between the vendor and farmer then it should come up at the notaires, immos are usually pretty straight, you could ask them to have it put into the compromis.

Go back to the house and ask yourself or ask a neighbour.