Complete France Forum

So what has caught your attention in the news, well the french news?

idun

Yes, I did mean Charlie Hebdo. Canard Enchaine and Charlie Hebdo are the only two papers that speak out in France, IMO ofcourse. When one of them gets attacked then for me it is a big deal and this horrified me.

Why there hasn't been a discussion about it already, I have no idea.

[quote user="Chancer"][quote user="NickP"][quote user="Chancer"]

I meant Sussex! [6]

[/quote]

No mate, you meant Crawley [:P]

[/quote]

Wel yeah but no but yeah!

I as eard that a certain village  near to Horsham is also a bit ruff innit?

[/quote]

Nuthin rong with Tilgate mate [:D] Mind you old boy I did once live in Roffey but that was a long time ago.

I was only fishing!!!

I seemed to recall that you once mentioned Southwater.

Tilgate! Its part of Crawley but I'm sure you know that I went to school there, it was nick-named "the training ground for borstal" by the local press, certainly loads of the kids ended up there or worse, there were IIRC 25 kids in my class, we were down to a handfull by the time the exams came around, half of the girls had left due to falling pregnant from 13 onwards and half the boys had gone to approved schools.

Never lived in Southwater, Roffey near the Little-haven Halt railway crossing. The houses on the estate there were owned by the Army Bomb disposal squad who were based in Broadbridge Heath. Great buy when the MOD sold up, two up, two down Neo Georgian £4500. Weekly season ticket to Euston £3 a week, Happy days.[:D]

Good on you!

And I bet at the time there were people around you content to blow all their money down the pub saying that you must be mad, that was certainly the case for me.

Sadly I seem to be going to more and more funerals these days yet it isnt those who have had to cope with the stress of finding/keeping employment/customers who are deceased its the ones that chose the easy option back in their formative years.

[quote user="idun"][quote user="Chancer"]

That street scene resembles most of the HLM's around here where the residents of the upper floors cant be bothered to carry down their refuse.

http://q.liberation.fr/photo/346171/?modified_at=1320221518&ratio_x=23&ratio_y=13&width=460

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

As ever you make Picardie sound delightful.

[/quote]

That's nothing!! You expect that in HLMs..[6].round here that would be outside the non-HLM inner city slums and there would be a Big Guy checking out the scavengers and deciding who had the right to take anything

[6]

Believe me I know...

the end of my alley

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bfb_album/insalubrite.jpg[/IMG]

with apologies to Monty Python

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Archived