Complete France Forum

What's in your garage!

just john

I've always wanted a garage.  None of the houses that I have bought and sold have had a garage.   I understand that everyone uses them for storage.  Instead my bride's dress (worn once), school violin, tent (in the days before they had inbuilt ground sheets), camera tripod, Karimor ruck sack (slightly singed from camp fire)  etc etc are in the attic.

If I did have a garage, I would want a (Pillar Box Red) Morgan in it.

[quote user="Cathy"]I've always wanted a garage.  None of the houses that I have bought and sold have had a garage. [/quote]Every garage I have bought has come with a house included [Www]

My French property is no exception. It has a 300m3 barn plus a 40m2 garage and came with 4 bedroom living accommodation thrown in [;-)]

Our UK garage is full of boring tools, junk*, books etc; in 30 years it's never had a car in it.

We used to keep a piano in one garage; OH used to disappear into the garage to play 'Dark Island'. That really takes me back; you know what they say about nostalgia!

* You know the sort of stuff - OH says it'll come in useful sometime. 20 years on I talk him into having a clearout, and what does he need 2 days later?!

I packed my garage and in it I put..............

an old oil drum made into a sand blast cabinet

an 8 m3 box trailer

an Eriba Puck caravan

a stack of used but good tyres

a 2CV

a box of UK plumbing bits (which fit nothing in France [blink])

a box of old aerosol paint cans from cars I had a decade or more ago

a shelf full of Haynes manuals relating to the same cars as above

a plastic container full of Morris Minor/Midget wheel bearings steeped in oil

a box of starter motors, dynamos, and alternators most of which are knackered and none of which fit any cars I have anyway

and so it goes on........................

You see now why I need 340m3 of garage space [:'(]

I've always wonder............. why do people lock bikes, an £80 mower, junk, half used paint tins and those special little sticks just for stirring the paint, in their garage;................. whilst leaving a £30,000 car on the drive?

Well, I may as well join in this one too. my garage, or double carport really, is now so full that a couple of photos will save 1000 words?

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/DSC08427.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/DSC08428.jpg[/IMG]

So I don't think that it's a garage really anymore, but the thought was there?

In the garage in the house, cause the other one is seperate, we have a fridge full of beer, wine and blanquette (Better than cham-pain in my opinion and 1/3rd the price and 100 years older too) an upright freezer and a big fridge/freezer and loads of gardening things.. It's the stairs up to the mezzanine that would really stop us putting anything bigger than the said 3 wheeler Morgan in it!

Archived