Skip hire - French equivalent

We will be needing to get rid of a lot of garden rubble, soil, rocks etc. after connecting up to the new village mains sewer system (yay!)

But there doesn't seem to be a skip hire type setup over here. That would be too easy, order a skip, fill it, it gets taken away never to be seen again, sorted.

So I need suggestions on alternatives... as far as I can tell, small quantities get trailered to the decheterie but we have more than a "small quantity".

Puzzled...

Have you looked for "location benne" in your pages

Jaunes?

Kiloutou toi does them, but there will be local suppliers, I'm sure.

As far as I can tell from a quick google, the price (incl. delivery/collection/disposal) depends on what you're going to put in the skip, so you will need to be specific when enquiring.

If you live somewhere rural, ask a nearby farmer - they are often happy to take rubble and soil to fill in holes in tracks or boggy bits at field entrances. They will also have a big trailer to shift it if needed.

A while back when I was re doing a roof the local farmer parked an empty grain trailer tight to the side of the house and I flung the old tiles into it. When finished he towed it away and dumped it along the length of one of his farm tracks, running back and forth with the tractor to break them up and compact them.

Total cost to me - zero.

I hired 2 back in April from a local company.

One was 12m3 and the other 15m3 - price was €200 each for 7 days hire (was quoted €50 if paying by cheque - TVA I presume...)

As mentioned, look for Location Benne in PagesJaunes.

Good luck

EAMONN