Re-fitting a ridge tile

CeeJay

Unfortunately in the strong winds we have just had the end ridge tile of the roof has worked loose and removed itself.

The ridge is easily accessible as I have an adjacent roof terrace.

Is it possible just to stick the tile back on with something like Sika Fixotuile, or because the fact that the cement underneath previously holding it is still intact it will cause the tile not to sit back down level with the others and therefore be raised slightly which will cause a continuing problem.

Colle polyuréthane will do the job, this time last year in freezing conditions my tenant drove her car into the brick edged block paved infilled front step, knocked the top row of masonry clean off on both sides of the corner, gave it the foaming poly glue treatment as cement mortar would freeze in the conditions and its still rock solid a year later, I have coping stones on other walls I did the same to 20 years ago and they are still fine, the ones I re-mortared would last max 2 years.

You get good suction on a ridge tile but at this time of year nothing beats an external foaming polyurethane glue, try to get one in a mastic gun cartridge.