Cheapest way to change 500

David V Ball

I have just had this conversation with Credit Agricole on the same subject, save for the fact that the amount was 5000.

As we are not in Euroland, they treat obviously the as a foreign currency and if the cheque is drawn on an English bank it is subject to various commissions, and costs between banks.

Perhaps its better to take euros to France or pay by credit card or whatever. But CA reminded me that anything less than 8000 was not cost effective...............!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Hi
>
>what's the cheapest way to get
>500
>from a UK bank into a
>French account?
>
>Thanks
>
>
>DB

Use the CO-OP banks Tipa- Net service. It costs 8 and you get the interbank exchange rate. I've never had any charges at the French end and it takes usually around 4 days to arrive.

Alternatively withdraw the cash on your credit card and pay it into your bank. This can be quite cost effective for the amount you mentioned.

Regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...
You can change between 200 and 500 at the eurotunnel terminal - show your points plus members card (Property owners club) and the points are added to your card. You still have your money and gain 1 point per 1

At only 900 points for a 5 day return you can cross the channel for free every now and then.

Depends whether you are travelling over here alot or not as well, my other half gets M&S to deliver his euros to work, free of charge and also you can have them for up to 55 days i think before you have to clear the credit, comes very useful ,then he brings them over and puts them in the bank free of charge.

Lyn