UK pensions and French Tax

I wonder if there are any other ex teachers living in France who get their pensions paid into French bank accounts??? I've been resident in France for two years and the French tax people are chasing me for back tax when I've already been taxed at source in UK and have written to explain this to them...I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has solved this problem!
Marushka xx

You were still supposed to do a declaration here. The french tax year is from Jan to Dec, so no matter how shorter time you were in France for your first year you were supposed to do your declaration the following March for the previous year.

You probably would have had a Nul tax bill from them, but by not filling in a tax form it will more than likely have looked like tax avoidance to them.

The tax officals are available all year round to discuss one's tax affairs. At this time of year as everyone is doing their declaration then it is rather hard to see them. They do usually have permanences in local Mairies and Social Centres though in March.

You certainly need to get your declaration in for last year before the end of March. You local Mairie should have copies.

I have a government pension paid into my french bank account and have tried in two different departments to complete a tax return. Having informed the tax man, in both departments, that I am obliged to pay tax in UK and have no income in France the reply was that they do not want to know about me. Perhaps I am just lucky in the choice of Departments.
Jeff