Form 2074

Jackie

Anyone living full-time in France had to fill in tax form 2074? In which case where the heck are you supposed to sign it, I assume not the section for those living outside of France......................John not Jackie and proper confused (Nothing new in that!) 

2074 has the heading "Declaration Des Plus ou moins-values Realisees en 2004 Sur: les cessions de valeurs mobilieres" plus a lot of other things. The only reason I have this is because in the previous years we have used an accountant but this year I am having a go myself as it seems daft to spend a pound to save a shilling! When did you last meet a poor accountant? They seem to have a standard charge of about 750 Euros for completing a "Simple" tax return. I doubt that I would be taxed that amount even if I got it all wrong!

Last year the guy included this form as an annexe to 2042 to detail units sold each year in an off-shore bond. All I am doing is using the same forms that he did and updating the figures for this year. We have also in the past sent in form 3916 (Declaration of having a bank account in the UK) and some folk also have 2042C for declaration of interest acquired in the UK.

The tax office have sent me 2042 and 2047 only this year, I had to download 2074. Maybe they like lots of paper, the detail of everything goes on 2042 and these other forms just seem to repeat the information already given. My concern is not to get it wrong as the spectre of upsetting the tax man is enough to turn your knees to jelly and your bowels to water! ....John     Sadly nobody has yet commented on my earlier post about Life Insurance Tax Reduction and what you use insead of box GW on the 2042 which has gorn on this year's form. I really do hate this time of year!