Barclays - New web service

Ex Forum Admin

Barclays has launched an online banking service in English which will make life easier for thousands of British owners of French property to manage their finances.  Barclays aims to be the leading bank for expats in France and the launch is the latest in a series of innovative products that have been introduced to make buying property and living in France easier for UK citizens...

http://www.livingfrance.com/lvfra/content/article.asp?ArticleID=167

I too saw this advert contained within the magazine.  Thought ok lets see what they can or cannot do!

Correctly filled in the enquiry form received notification that it had been received and they would come back to me.

That was five days ago.  Perhaps they are infected with the malaise that seemingly infects French banking?

Perhaps the Forum Administrator would take that aboard and whilst I do understand that they cannot vouch for any or all of the articles which appear in the magazine it should be the case that if an article is written about a new service that the appropriate safeguards and undertakings should be in place?

rdgs

I would give it little more than 5 days, our UK ones took a couple of weeks !!

When we applied for the Barclays.fr online usename to go with out french accounts it took about 2 weeks for all the bits to come through, not bad for a french bank and the service appears to work most of the time ..

Paul