Do I need to pay ?

Dreamers

We have land at Mercues in the Lot and are awaiting  (yawn) the completion of a new house there. Planning permission was given in Jan.2004, work commenced Apr. 2004 and the house is finally in the last stages of construction!!  We have received a 'bill' from the Tresor Public  for over  €1000 for taxes, these are listed as Tax Locale d'equipment , Taxe departementale pour le financement du C.A.U.E and taxe departementale pour les Espaces naturels sensibles. My question is , are we liable for these at the moment ? ,

a) we are not living there yet   and

b) the house is not completed and not habitable yet

We are naturally willing to pay our 'dues' , but would like to be actually living there and using services before we do ! Any ideas / advice would be welcome

As covered in another thread in the last few days this bundle of taxes are due in two equal payments, the first 18 months after permission is granted the second half a further 18 months later. So I guess you need to prepare your cheque-book.

Its one another one of those extra little payments you have to budget for when building in France.

Thanks to the 2 respondents, the period of the bill is stated from granting of the 'Permis' in January 2004 , to be paid by 14th July 2005 , so that would be 18 months approx.  It just gives the one payment, not split into two. I'll try to find the other  'thread' mentioned, and as you stated -get my cheque book ready !!