about the road tax

Not quite sure what you mean. Need more info before anyone can give you specifics: do you mean for a company, or for a private individual?

For a private individual... well there is no actual road tax as such any more, there is insurance, obviously, and the 50-something centimes per litre tax the government extracts, and the two-yearly MOT (certificat de conformitie) for the vehicle and..... erm, that's about it, really.

The other thing to note is that French 2nd-hand cars keep their value better; at least that's how it looks if you own one or are selling one. If you are looking to buy one however, then The French have a wildly over-inflated view of the value of their old bangers, seems much nearer the mark!

paul

If you are a registered business in France and have four or more company vehicles then you pay a vignette (road tax). Tax allowances depend on your personal/company circumstances here with allowances for several things - see a proper french accountant for the details.

• 2 weeks later...
thank you very much.as far as i know,that Taxes on car in France comprise taxes on car purchases, taxes on ownership and taxes on use,such as the  VAT, tax on gasoline ,ownership tax and so on.except the toll road,i want to know how france goverment distribute these funds between the different classes of goverments.where i can get the details,could you give me some related websites,thanks very much!!!