tax imports or Declaration des revenus???

fleurflace

HELP please

I really thought I understood it! (although very basic)

Very briefly, we moved over Jan 04, I am taxed at source due to an illhealth NHS pension.  Last year I was sent a form which I think had imports declaration, it on one sheet of paper asking for details or earnings ect. which I returned and filled in.  I heard nothing - no news good news

In sep o4 I panicked as I heard about tax forms and fines (I was not totally with it as i was due to give birth to twins at anytime!)which needed to be filled so I asked at our office and the kind women looked our name up and said we  were ok all up to date with nothing to pay.

This year I have had my "Coverture Maladie Universelle" from securite social form, which I filled in but had it returned asking for my Avis d'imposition, where I am directed to another imports office and asked to complete a very complicated looking Declaration des revenus.

Could someone explain the difference between what i did and should have and do I have to complete the Declaration des revenus if the uk tax office deal with my returns?

hope this make sense to someone out there

You needed to fill in a tax declaration in March 2005 for the year of 2004. This is a legal requirement if you are resident in France and has nothing to do with social security or health care, regardless of whether your income comes from Malasia, the NHS, the Andromeda galaxy or anything else. You just have to do it!

The UK tax office doesn't do tax returns either in the UK or France; you are just taxed on your income you are receiving in the UK because it is UK sourced from the government, and under some circumstances you don't need to do tax returns in the UK. In France it is different, pretty much everyone has to do it.

I suggest you go see your local tax office in France and explain.

When you complete a French tax return, you receive back a gren form "Avis D'impots sur les Revenus", stating what you declared and what you have to pay, if anything.  This Avis D'impots de 2004  is what CPAM want to see as it is on this declared income your payments into the French health sysyem, post E 106 will be based. 

If for any reason you do not have an Avis D'impots,  CPAM allow you to make a "declaration of income" for the relevant year.