CONTRIBUTIONS SOCIALES

chirpy

I PAY ALL MY TAXES IN FRANCE AND AM RETIRED.

INCOME IS OLD AGE PENSION AND COMPANY PENSION PAID WITHOUT ANY UK TAXES.

WHY MUST I PAY CSG.CRDS AND PREL.SOC.ET CONT. SOLIDARITE.?????

I UNDERSTAND A LITTLE FRENCH  BUT WHEN ASKED IF I HAD ANY DEDUCTIONS PAID IN THE UK I SAID NO TO LOCAL TAX INSPECTER.

HOWEVER I READ SOMEWHERE THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY THESE CONTRIBUTIONS.

I PAID FULL N.I. FOR ALL MY WORKING LIFE FOR 47 YEARS.

ANY REFERENCES I CAN GIVE TO THE TAX OFFICE TO STOP THESE CHARGES GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Go back to your Tax office and query this, IF you only have the income stated you do not have to pay "Social  Charges" except as Les says, CRDS

In your case these other charges would only be imposed if you declared unearned income like rental income or interest earned on savings.  I think that somewhere along the line you have got an entry in box TS or another wrong box and that is why you have paid these charges 

Have a look at the copy of your tax return, there should be nothing in Section 2 of form 2042 ( blue form) or section 2 of form 2047 (pink form for overseas income).

I HAVE NOW READ MY LASTCONTRIBUTIONS SOCIALES  FORM RECEIVED THIS MONTH AND  I NOTE CSG AND P.S. ARE CHARGED ON ITEM RENTES VIAGERES A TITRE ONEREUX .THE INCOME HERE IS A FORMER PENSION WHICH COULD NOT BE TRANSFERED INTO ANOTHER COMPANIES SCHEME WHEN I CHANGED JOBS. IT HAD TO BE PUT INTO AN ANNUITY AND THIS IS TAXED AT 8.2% , 2.3% AND 0.5% FOR CSG  P.S. AND CRDS RESPECTIVELY.AFTER A 50% REDUCTION DUE TO THE TIME IT WAS STARTED ,I.E. BETWEEN 50-59 YEARS OF AGE. THIS MAY HELP THE OTHER CORRESPONDENT PETERW.

IS THIS ANNUITY  CORRECT TO BE CLASSED AS INCOME?