Recommendations please - estate agents in the Gers

We have been looking for houses in the Gers region for a while now (specifically round Boulogne sur Gesse, but are considering a wider area as long as there is good access to the Pyrenees).

We have been a bit disappointed with the local immobiliers so far - we have contacted many (in English and French) and only a handful have replied to us. Has anyone had good experiences with an agent that covers that area, that they could recommend?

Thanks in advance.

[quote user="Clarkkent"]Have you considered using an English "go between"? I found my property originally using Latitudes (based I believe in north London). They deal with local French agents .[/quote] 

and whose site was woefully out of date with reality on the ground in France  and whose prices were far dearer than those of the local agents for the same properties, cannot think why that should have been[Www]

Having just sold in the Gers , I can recommend Yvonne Winstanley who is based in Condom pm for her email and phone number, she covers all of the Gers and up as far as Agen. Although she didn't sell our house her advice was invaluable and cannot recommend her enough for helping with the proccess.

I can also give you advice on a Notaire not to use , again pm me [:)]

Hi Monty in France

I work for an estate agent (French/English) in the area you're talking about - you may have already been in touch with us possibly?  I sincerely hope we weren't one of the ones not to reply!!

I'm sure I'm not allowed to recommend myself here, so please pm me if you'd like contact details.

Lou

I can wholeheartedly recommend Carolyn who works for Arros Immobilier (www.arrosimmobilier.com) at their Plaisance branch.

Whilst, unfortunately, we did not buy our proprty through her she worked very hard trying to find us a property but was never pushy and was perhaps the best agent that we encountered.

The agency seem to have a wide spectrum of properties on their books.

Paul

Hi

I would recommend Agency Laffitte in Eauze.   www.gascony-french-property.com  Daniela Raguth is particularly helpful and very knowledgeable about the area.  They have a vast range of properties for sale, and although they are based in the western part of the Gers, they do have properties further south

Good luck!  The Gers is a very beautiful place to live!

Hi Monty

I thought I'd PM you but here's Yvonne Winstanley number 00 33 5 62 68 47 56 (from the uk) just say Abigail gave you the number, she can let you know which is the dreadful Notaire, I can't give the name on the Forum as its against the rules[;-)].

Sorry for the delay I've only just got back from France today