Votre fiscalité

chessfou

I have a (nother[;)]) form to fill in shortly*.

The form includes a section for "votre fiscalité" and I am assuming

that we (wife and I) will tick the box(es) for "je suis résident fiscal francais."

*Am I right in thinking that we can do this any time on or after 9 May (we depart UK May 8 and arrive in France May 9).

Or does anyone know of any specific reason/detail why this may not be

possible until (say) March-May 2007 and the completion of a French tax

return, or of any other mouche in the onguent?

[quote user="Teamedup"]

If you are to become french residents on May

9th then spring time 07 or whenever the fisc wants it doing, you will

have to declare world wide income from the 9/5/06 until 31/12/06.

[/quote]

Well, yes, and thankyou but I knew that - the point of the post was to try and discover what counts now (or at least May 9/10) for the form (to open a PEA - Plan d'Epargne en Actions).

Do we effectively determine the initial date of our fiscalité francais or are we likely to have to wait until after filling

in our first tax return (in order to get a tax number or whatever)? Or

should we contact the Hotel des Impots a.s.a.p. in order to get the

equivalent of an Inland Revenue tax reference/number?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

If you had put down which form you are filling in and why it would help to understand what you are asking, because up to now I haven't have a clue what you are on about and why you need tax numbers and to contact the Income tax office[8-)].

What you are doing is the French equivelant of an ISA, and you have to be a tax resident in France to benefit from it, so I would have thought that that is taken as read, Doing a PEA you will have no tax liability on it, but you do not have to do anything until March 2007 when you will fill in your first French tax return  For " votre fiscalité" ( your taxation?)  why are you assuming it means whether you are taxed in France or not, it could mean if you are single, married, widow or a farmer etc 

I would suggest that you have any doubts about the info required ask the bank that you are getting the PEA from, as they are getting your dosh they will no doubt be keen to help.[:D]