writer and how does one do a tax return if i was to be a french tax resident...

Blade

"if i was to be a French tax resident"

From what you have said in previous posts, you already are a French tax resident, it's just that you have not registered yet!

As a sweeping general statement, taxes are lower in France, for most people. You need to apply for an E106 from the DWP in Newcastle as soon as possible and take the form to your local CPAM that will get you into the health system.

The CAF will give you your family allowance and tax rebate for child care costs if applicable. You will have to repay any family allowance received, since the day after you arrived in France, back to the UK.

Go to the tax office or Marie and ask for the tax return forms around April time, you will also need a form to declare all of your UK savings or bank accounts. All monies received since the day after you arrived MUST be declared. You will be able to reclaim any tax paid in the UK later, but you should notify your UK tax office that you are not a UK resident.

[quote user="Leslauriers"]

As a sweeping general statement, taxes are lower in France, for most people.

[/quote]

I certainly would not disagree with that, although there isn't a great deal in it as far as I can see. It's the other payments, like assurances, maladie, vieillesse, chomage etc, that in Britain would all be lumped together as NI contributions, that are far higher. I think it is those that Blade must be thinking of.