lots of renovation grants and loans if you are french resident only...?

Blade

we need to get a loan or grant to do part of our house up. i have read that there are quite a few grants around such as Pret convention I believe. Does this require one to be a french tax resident? what are all of the options?thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
 I read about a year ago ,of a renovation / improvement / building loan available to tax payers and the rate was 1percent. There were clauses such as not having had the property concerned for over a certain amount  of time (or was it the reverse!) as you can tell I can't recall the details very well but i think it was a government scheme.

thanks for everyone's help. may be easier to get loan. what do we need to get loan? proof of income and:or potential of gite and or rental?[quote user="nicktrollope"]I have never seen a grant that isn't just tax relief (so you need to pay tax in the first place....). Ask in your Mairie, but I doubt if they will have any budget...

Loans are pretty cheap here (I have mortgages fixed at 3% for revovation) so you could try your bank.

[/quote]