banking

homepride62

hi all first time on here so bear with me iv got bank account with cred mutuel in northwest france as im in uk was wondering if i can put money in cred mutuel in calias am sure would be easer than bank transfers an dont mind ferry trips for the cheap stuff any info would be nice many thanks paul

sorry its taken so long for anyone to reply i expect its because your post is difficult to read why don't you try putting some punctuation in next time capital letters would also help us to recognise when youve started a new sentence that way your more likely to get a quick response

Is this a wind up?  How on earth would driving down to Dover, taking a ferry crossing to Calais, going to the Credit Mutuel branch and handing over cash be easier than phoning your bank and asking them to make an electronic transfer to your French account......?

[8-)]

If you mean to pay in cash I should think the French will be deeply suspicious even for a smallish sum.  I agree with SD an electronic transfer is perfectly simple and not too expensive.

Liz

I took it that he/she was asking if they could pay cash into their bank (in Calais), which seemed a very basic and odd question, how do people and businesses normally get money into the bank?  However its not daft to go to Calais to pay in money, I opened an account with C/L in Cite Europe before  moving here so as to get things set up for purchase etc and I often paid in money over the counter whilst in Calais, but I did live 5 minutes drive from the Tunnel and  it was just £9 for an afternoon return.

Hi not a wind up was just asking if it can be done, I drive to for a living and go to calais at least twice a week, Can't see the big problem was just asking a question, sorry about punctuations have I done right this time ? will I get an answer,  I only want YES or NO, many thanks x