10k UKP gone missing between UK/France

M3GS

Didn't mean to sound snappy.

Why not put your location in your personal details (see I'm in Vendee South) then that type of misunderstanding might not happen.

It's not as if somebody's asking for your inside leg measurement or bra size!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin

[quote user="Benjamin"]Didn't mean to sound snappy.

Why not put your location in your personal details (see I'm in Vendee South) then that type of misunderstanding might not happen.

It's not as if somebody's asking for your inside leg measurement or bra size!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin
[/quote]

My location changes.  But while we're being "personal", why not use a smaller font?  The larger font makes it look as if you're screaming.

CAPITALS MEAN YOU'RE SHOUTING. CAPITALS IN BOLD MEAN YOU'RE REALLY SHOUTING.

Ordinary means that for some of us who don't see so well in certain circumstances it's easier to read.

I wasn't being personal.  I was just suggesting a way of avoiding misunderstandings that can occur. It's really annoying when someone posts about how hot/cold/wet it is here when you have absolutely no idea where they are.

Benjamin

Well, some fascinating stuff above, particularly from BQF.

I have just returned from a very frustrating week in France, involving daily visits to the local CA agence which yielded a blank until Thursday 10th when I was told with some delight that the missing funds had been 'found' languishing in Paris in the international dept.This was a relief to say the least!

However I was then told that the funds had been returned to the currency dealer's bank as the IBAN number had apparently been incorrect. Thus my relief was very short lived as I had promised the builder his final payment that very day. In the end by careful marshalling of resources and having to make a large cash withdrawal on my  UK VISA card (ouch!), I managed to save face.

To give the dealer his due though, he did make sure that the funds reached my account yesterday, Friday, without a hitch this time.

CA's story does not ring quite true as I have seen the transfer printout from the dealer's bank and all numbers were correct. The bottom line is that they have had the money for 2 weeks and had I not created such a fuss one wonders how much longer this would have continued...

Another one down to experience, I guess. Many thanks for all the advice and support, this forum really is a fantastic resource.