SEND MONEY TO FRANCE FOR FREE

Jessandmark

I have just used Paypal to send money to my French bank account and it has cost me NOTHING.  Also, Paypal uses business rates for the conversion to Euros.  I'm not suggesting using this for very large amounts, but this way I can top up my French account so that my prelevements automatiques always go through.

You need a UK paypal account which uploads from a BANK account, not credit card.  You will also need a French Paypal account with bank account details attached (This means you also need a French e-mail address - I used yahoo.fr) Payapl.fr is in French so you do need to be able to read a bit, but the UK and FR sites are identical apart from the language.  Just follow the instructions.  SO EASY. 

Jess

Having looked at the page for signing up, I assume I need to give a UK address for the UK Paypal account and then apply again with a French address for the French Paypal account. Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but do they do any sort of credit check on the UK address as, although I can give a UK address I don't have a credit record connected to it as I am resident in France. (The UK bank account is no problem but they use the French address).

Thanks,