Partial Disability Pension

Dizzy

I have moved to France to live with my parents in December. I have a partial disability pension, £13,000. Could anyone tell me the answer to this query. What Tax would I have to pay in France, but more importantly what cortisations do I pay (health etc.)?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Dizzy Geeked [geek]

I am having problems posting today, so I will have to post a bit and then edit it.

Contact http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/sa29/introduction.asp#dwp  and see what cover they can give you.

If they give you cover, take the form to your local CPAM and register ( take proof of ID, residency etc)

Government pensions ( civil servants, teachers, police etc) are all taxed in the UK however you still have to declare this income on your French Tax form in due course. You won't get taxed twice.

If it is not a government pension then it will be taxed in France. So you will need to contact the Inland Revenue centre for non residents and tell them that you are no longer in the UK etc, so that they don't take you.  This link will take you to the form but it's dated 2005 -2006 but at least you can see what they want to know. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sa109.pdf

It would be advisable to get a top up insurance cover as well.

Have your parents' sorted their health cover out?

Thank you Beryl for your help.

My parents have a top up.

I am waiting for my Carte Vital. I have seen the office involved with the Carte Vital, but still not sure on how much Cortisation I have to pay. It is that % of my income that I am interested in. I did not work for a government office/ service, so I have been told (hear say) that I can choose to pay my tax here.

Thanks,

Dizzy

Have you been retired a long while?

I can't understand why you haven't got a E106 from the UK which would cover you for 1 or 2 years, possibly longer if you are in receipt of UK Incapacity Benefit. 

Why pay for something that you can get free ?

Dizzy

Your company pension will be taxable in France and you will need to include it on your next tax declaration together with any UK savings interest.  Based on a gross pension of 19,000 euros for a single person, you would pay around 1,100 euros in income tax.

Regarding your healthcare contributions, if your UK NI payments were all paid up during the two years before your move to France, then you should have applied to the DWP for a form E106.  This entitles you to French state healthcare for up to two years without having to pay contibutions.  Once the E106 expires, you have to re-register with your CPAM and pay the contributions yourself, currently calculated on 8% of your taxable income (less allowances) over a 7,083 euro threshold.  In your case, this would be 17,100 - 7,083 x 8% = 801 euros (payable by quarterly instalments).

Your CPAM will reimburse you around 70% of your healthcare costs, so you will need to purchase a top-up insurance to cover the shortfall.

Additionally, you will eventually be liable for CRDS social charges on your pension amounting to 95 euros pa, although this is not payable during the duration of your E106.

PS:  If you are registering on the French health system, your E111 (EHIC) is no longer valid.