A bit of tax help please

Bluebells

1.  Residence means where you live.

2.  Qualite = Capacity - "and you (or one of the members of your tax foyer) is a private individual not acting in the capacity of an owner of an activity giving rise to a specific declaration of results".

3.  2047 Note 15 (summarised):  Income received outside France under the dual taxation treaty which, although not imposed in France, must be nevertheless taken into account to calculate the effectived tax rate of your other taxable incomes in France. Transfer the total of column 4 in section VII into box TI in section 8 of the declaration of revenus (2042). The taxes and charges relative to these incomes are taken into account for the calculation of the actual rate. That is why, incomes transferred to the 2042 must be net of charges and tax paid abroad.

many thanks SD, nearly there, I got some money from the Standard Life flotation last year in the form of a cheque for shares as they could not allocate shares here, any ideas where that amount goes and do I have to work out the tax on it myself?