Social Charges and an E121

Grecian

Benjamin,

I hasten to add that if any regulations were indeed bent or broken, then that was only after discussions with the local French tax office, and with their full agreement.  By "bent or broken", I was referring to the strict terms of the regulations, but of course the tax inspectors have the power to vary these regulations at their discretion.  Thus at the end of the day, my tax return was fully legal, even if it did not fully comply with the written regulations.  The only subject of variance was the date at which French tax payments commenced, and UK tax payments stopped.

In essence, the UK authorities had nothing to worry about as they were receiving tax income to which they were not strictly entitled, and the French tax authorities seemed happy to lose some tax income in order to get things settled.  This was done at their discretion, so I did nothing illegal, but they did assure themselves that either UK tax or French tax had been paid on all items.

I would not dream of trying to complete a form and submit it without attending the local tax office, if there was anything at all which might be misconstrued, and I would not recommend this to anyone.

I was just trying to show what can be accomplished in open discussion with your local French tax office, with good will on both sides.

I still think that it might be worthwhile for ali-cat to pay a visit to the local French tax office to discuss the situation, and get their agreement.

David