2006 tax notification

alnmike

Hi! I completed my tax return on line - I think [:)] my question - when should I hear what tax I owe? I am paying a monthly amount, based on 2005 return, but I know that I will owe more. Do I have to pay the additional amount as a one-off or can I pay that monthly too?

Thanks all as ever!

If you are paying monthly towards your provisional 2007 bill you should have paid 2/3 of it by September, then you will receive the "settlement" bill for 2006 tax year.

However if you know that your tax bill for 2006 will be significantly (over 10%) higher than last year and the figure your provisional payments are based on, you are risking a fine and tax penalties if you do not adjust your payments to reflect that higher amount, so you need to adjust your provisional payments now. 

As you should have paid  2/3 of your tax bill before September, you will be expected to pay the balance due, however, there are provisions for hardship if you cannot pay but you have to contact your tax office now as you should know now what you will have to pay in September from your on line tax return assessment.

Ron.

As our French tax bill will be significantly (more than 10%) lower than last year, does that mean I can impose a fine and penalty charges on the French government for not modifying the amount they are taking by direct debit? [:@]

Don't bother to respond  - I think I know the answer. [:D]

Yes you can impose a very hefty fine[:P]

However, if you pay your  provisional amounts on line Will, you can modify the amount yourself.  Because I know the bill will be higher than last year, I have adjusted the amounts paid so far above those required, not because I have to, which I do, but because we seem also to get the other taxes and the social charges bill altogether now in septembre/octobre/novembre, it just helps spread the "Autumnpain"[:'(]

I don't know Mike, I pay every 3 months on recent of a bill, you use the bill number to access your account, it is then possible to make a higher payment than billed.  Try and see if you can get into your account on line if you have any form of bill and see if you can make a payment on account.