Confused about Revenu fiscal de reference

Suandpete

We have been filing tax returns every year since we arrived here in 2002 - our main income consists of 2 government pensions which are taxed in UK but are declared on our tax form here and for the last few years a small income from our gite which is also declared.    I have never understood how the Revenu Fiscal de Reference (shown on the Avis d'Impot form no 1534 is calculated - but in the past it has been significantly lower than the amount we have declared as pension income - I assumed that we were given some sort of allowance.  This figure (Revenu fiscal de reference) is of course the figure used as a base for calculating the cost of our health care.

This year however the figure is marginally higher than our decalred pension income.   Does anyone know why?  If this is correct it will have quite an impact on our health costs.  We will go along to the Tax Office to speak to them about it but I just wondered if anyone was aware of any changes to the way it is calculated

That is one of the things that we need to ask about - it is relatively low and is ignored for tax reasons but I guess a percentage of it may be included in the RFR.  We will go and ask next week when they are back to normal after this "pont" week - or as normal as it gets in August!