Transfering money

Georgina

Guess what, my bank changed their bank details (which I changed with Moneybookers, and the money from Moneybookers has gone missing becuase of this.  Apparently when I rang Moneybookers (three times) to try to get someone who could understand me because all the staff are from Bulgaria and they told me there was no manager, - I could not understand them and they could not understand me. Their e mail system is on a go slow/stop.  Anyone else suffering this problem with them?[:@] 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know, but if my bank details change I take the opportunity to make a trial transaction to make sure it all works before sending any significant amounts.

In the past I have found it difficult to speak with anyone at Moneybookers - not because they are Bulgarian (???) but I think because their process is so automated that there are few people to actually speak to. Same with e mail. Maybe a Registered letter will do the trick.

I have to say that I do think that Moneybookers have sharpened up their act since I first started using them. Recent upload of funds took 4 days before I got their e mail notification and then just 2 working days for it to get to Credit Ag with a small fee and good exchange rate.

Andy

Bulgarian, not because I think they are foreigners but because when you are talking about large sums you need to know that you are understood and that they understand you.  Like I could work in the bank here, but I would have a massive queue of people wondering why they could not have someone that understood them better and when you are paying 25p per minute on the phone, it is rather less expensive to speak to someone who does understand you (but maybe that's the idea, they will obviously get a great deal more in the cut from the calls.  When I spoke to them before I always found them to be very efficient.  The deal apparently is whether the Swift number is correct.  Now they confirmed the IBAN number is correct but the Swift number takes it to the individual branch.  So I am told by my bank that it will have gone to the bank head office in Paris and they would not be able to allocate it because the Swift number has an 1 instead of a I???? Yeah great!![:@]

Our entire income comes from overseas - what *should* happen is that the funds will be sent back to your bank,(or in this instance Moneybookers ?) however you have to ask them to look out for it and be aware you are expecting it to be returned.

To be honest I could write a book about this sort of thing, it only takes one mis key and it goes ***s up !

You have my sympathy......I'm chasing up funds today, last time the company concerned tried to pay us they used all the right details but seemed to invent the Swift & Iban number and this is a regular client.........you are not alone....[:(]

Thanks RH now that I have your sympathy, can you lend me some money [:D].....

This is freaking me out.  Someone has had my money for 10 days and more.  I suspect some fat Bulgarian bloke [:)]

There are some many numbers now involved.  I think I will not bother again with this.