Dividends

Me0wp00

Please help, I'm trying to calculate the best structure for our business, am I right in thinking :-

Dividends are taxed at 27% but no cotisations (are  there any social charges for this ??)

and are dividends from UK also taxed at 27% or is this calculated into our personal tax allowance and then split into the number of parts ?

thanks in advance

Dividends are taxed at income tax rates. So it very much depends upon your overall income to see what rates would be applicable.

however if you get the structure of your french limited company correct EURL or SARL substantial savings can be made. assuming you are married and the share ownership is equal, then you can obtain a reduction of 40% on dividends paid to the both of you. Thus if you paid yourselves €20,000 each then only €12,000 each would be included in your taxation computation. In addition you would also be able to claim an additional allowance each of €1,525. the gross dividends would be liable for the 11% levy. In addition of the 11% payable 5.8% is deductible against income tax.

always get local professional advice.

ams