tax fonciere and d habitation

woody234

when i filled out the H1 form my 2 taxes went from 120e for both   to   1300e for both, it was because previous owners claimed for 20m2 of living space and did not declare the true amount of 60m2, but i had the garage turned in to a room making it  75m2, if i filled out a new H1 form but taking of the wood burner and the bathroom hot and cold tap would it knock of maybe 200e of the tax fonce and habitation bill since the tax bill is based on the rental value of the property

You can't deduct what you think is correct in your opinion from an official bill only the Impôts can do that so you must go and see them and explain your situation for a review of the property which they will carry out.If you increase the living space then you pay more and I hope you have written permission for change of use for the garage or they can make you return it to a garage or charge you even more.

of course I had planning permission for change of use, that was  all done 5 years ago thats why I had H1 form, and went to see the Impots people 2 years ago, thats when they told me the tax fonc/hab  has gone up because its gone from 20m2  to  75m2 of living space, anyway thanks for reply 

[quote user="woody234"]of course I had planning permission for change of use, that was  all done 5 years ago thats why I had H1 form, and went to see the Impots people 2 years ago, thats when they told me the tax fonc/hab  has gone up because its gone from 20m2  to  75m2 of living space, anyway thanks for reply [/quote]

The impot office must be a very long way from your house,or you are a slow mover,could be true French on second thoughts.