why have they dropped the interest rate ?

krusty

[quote user="Poppy"]Is the UK not the financial capital of the world? I totally believe that most people in their day to day business in the banking community have only a narrow view of what is happening and there are an elite few at the the top of the pile who control things. They will be creaming off the billions poured in now and we will see the same crisis occurring in a few months time.[/quote]

It happened in a few days not a few months [blink]

Poppy given that you are returning to the UK to deal with this I am sure that you have already made contact with the various pressure groups but if not here is one which may also be of interest to others http://ksfiomdepositors.com .

Editted, looks like a firm of financial advisors (I have other names for them) have hijacked the web address, try this one

http://www.ksfiomdepositors.netgenius.co.uk/

I cant believe that all these UK passport holders have been hung out to dry whilst their money has been used to bail out the Uk savers.

J.R Many thanks for the link, as you guessed I have made contact. I am back in France because one of the main UK TV Channels was due to fly here and interview us. They didn't arrive and I am feeling very sad. Not just for me but for a world that still differentiates between how much you have and have not. If I have perhaps temporarily,or who knows totally lost my life savings  then it doesn't matter what value they have if I haven't got a penny now.

Poppy, I do hope it's not going to be as black as you imagine.

I have seen something vaguely hopeful for IOM banks and it will be good if your situation could be improved.

Not at all what I would want for you, feeling sad.  In the absence of anything at all that I could do or say, I just want you to know that I am thinking of you.

Best wishes

[quote user="Poppy"]J.R Many thanks for the link, as you guessed I have made contact. I am back in France because one of the main UK TV Channels was due to fly here and interview us. They didn't arrive and I am feeling very sad. Not just for me but for a world that still differentiates between how much you have and have not. If I have perhaps temporarily,or who knows totally lost my life savings  then it doesn't matter what value they have if I haven't got a penny now.[/quote]

Poppy, I guess you are following this ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1203227&page=20&highlight=Kaupthing+Edge+Isle+of+Man

Thank you very much Sweet & RH for your thoughts. Feeling a bit better today, the reason the film crew didn't arrive was because after looking into it they realised we were below the compensation limit. The worry is all the rumours flying around about the IOM compensation scheme.

JR - just seen on the news that Icesave savers will be receiving letter from the FSA/FSCS explaining how to claim.

B&B issued this news letter today .......are people moving money out ?

It is pleasing to be able to email you with positive news in the middle of what are difficult times, and provide reassurance as to the future of Bradford & Bingley International.

I’m sure you are aware that on 29th September 2008 it was announced that Abbey, as part of the Santander Group, would be taking over the Bradford & Bingley plc savings business, which includes Bradford & Bingley International. I felt it was important to contact you to ensure you are aware of what is happening and what it might mean for you.

This has been a big change over a relatively short period of time and I am pleased to say that the changes only go to strengthen our Isle of Man operation. In terms of dealing with us, we still operate as Bradford & Bingley International with the same experienced staff and our existing range of savings accounts which operate as they did prior to 29th September.

I’m delighted to be able to confirm that all Bradford & Bingley International deposits carry the full and unconditional guarantee of Abbey National plc (Abbey). Additionally you have the reassurance of knowing that we are now part of the Santander Group, one of the ten largest banks in the world by market capitalisation with 70 million customers worldwide. Santander has a AA / Stable credit rating from Standard & Poor’s.

I know I can speak on behalf of all the team at Bradford & Bingley International when I say that we are looking forward to our future as part of Abbey and the Santander Group.