Problems getting cash out on Switch cards !!

jehe

Am I the only one having problems getting the hole in the wall machine to give me money ???? For 3 days now I am getting the 'not authorised' message whenever I try to use my Natwest switch card in the cash dispensers. I have contacted Natwest who say that there is no problem with my account, sufficient cash, no stop on account and no stop because of foreign usage (possible fraud) so i am at a complete loss as to what to do next. Today after around 10 refusals I managed to get a small amount out and after another 5 refusals I again managed to get a small amount out. This is using a variety of machines in central France. Has anybody else had a similar problem ????

It took me 4 different banks ATM machines to get 100€ out today. Finally got it out of BNIB bank after all 3 of the others refused my Nationwide Flexaccount card. Seems there is a real problem as I don't appear to be on my own in this matter. One bank said I should contact my bank, scary at first because of possible fraudulent use of my card. But the next bank paid out OK.

Hope you can get it sorted

tuppence

After reading the post yesterday I thought I'd try our bank machine - not short of ready cash just yet, but soon will be, come the weekend. No problems with CA in our part of the Gard with Nationwide card. Felt v relieved I didn't have to wander the town for a machine that would pay out, but was glad to have the warning!

Jo