mandate delegation?

Hi all, I'm new here and, although I've been looking at French real estate for several years, just today I've come across something that I have no idea what it means and I can't find any clarification on the net or in any French related forum.

What does it mean when a property advertisement says "Property under mandate delegation"?

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.

Ruth

When someone puts their house up for sale, they sign a mandat de vente with the agency/notaire selling the house.  If the mandat is exclusif, then only that agency/notaire has the right to sell the house.  If it is not exclusive then the seller may offer the house to other parties to sell (signing a mandat de vente with each party).

A délegation de mandat is, as Judie says, when one agency offers another agency the right to market the property.

If you google  délegation de mandat de vente you'll find plenty of references.

Thanks so much, Judie and Cat! I'd never come across the phrase before and wondered if it was a restriction on buying the property-- a lien or something like that. Your explanations however makes it sound more like a form of a multi-listing service.

Thanks again.

Ruth