Mortgage advice

jimbob

We have a customer who is going to use us , they have financial problems, they are behind with their hypotech, nearly 8 months, the bank have given them 8 days to pay the arrears before starting legal proceedings. ( they dont have anything to pay at the moment )These customers dont speak much french and have asked my advice but I dont know the system here well enough.

1 - is there an equivelient to the citezens advice in france, preferably one that speaks english ( if not they will have to get an interpreteur )

2 - Presumably after the 8 days legal proceedings will start, how long is it likley to be before reposesion of their house and is there any way of going back, say for exaple after proceedings had started they found the money to pay off the arrears.

Any advice is welcome to pass on ; I have done lots of searches on the matter for them and have never come accros this situation before

Many thanks

We have a customer who is going to use us

The court will examine their position. If they are unable to pay the property will be taken over by the lender. They will not be evicted before Easter. As the costs are high with all the fees involved they are unlikely to be able to retrieve the situation once the process gets underway. Unless they had a large deposit when the property was purchased they are unlikely to get anything back, as seized properties are usually sold at auction, often at knock-down prices.

Incidentally what are you going to do for them? Are you expecting to be paid?