Calculating tax

Suzanne32

Hello, I am trying to work out my tax liability for 2008, and would like an idea as to how much I am going to have to pay. I have looked at the impot.fr site which offers a simulator to calculate tax for 2009 however this either produces a blank pdf file or an e mail just saying that things have been made even easier for 2009. I realise that every case is different but is there a basic guide anyone can direct me to. My husband pays tax in the Uk, am I right in assuming that as we are taxed as one household this is taken into consideration. Thank you

[quote user="Suzanne32"]Hello, I am trying to work out my tax liability for 2008, and would like an idea as to how much I am going to have to pay. I have looked at the impot.fr site which offers a simulator to calculate tax for 2009 however this either produces a blank pdf file or an e mail just saying that things have been made even easier for 2009.[/quote]The simulator does exist, although it isn't immediately obvious how to get to it. 

I'm not sure whether the simulator will deal properly with your husband's income, if it is correctly taxed in the UK.  However, if you want to try it...

Under the heading Services disponibles sans abonnement there is a sub-heading Calculez votre impôt and under that, in green, you will see En savoir plus.  Under that there are three items, one of which is Calculez votre impôt sur le revenu pour 2009.

I would guess that you have already got to that point.  When you click on that it takes you to another page where the first heading is almost exactly the same: Calcul de votre impôt...

Further down that page, under a heading which once again says En savoir plus, there is an item Simulateur de l'impôt 2009 sur les revenus de 2008.  Click on that, and you get two options: a "modèle simplifié" and a "modèle complet".

Clicking on one of those will finally get you to the simulator.  If in doubt, choose the "modèle complet"; you can always ignore the bits that don't apply to you.

I hope this works for you.

• 2 weeks later...