getting tax back from UK (2)

Patf

This is the original thread:  http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1/1473579/ShowPost.aspx#1473579

A follow-up question, to those who have received the refund - did you then get a bill from the french tax people for the years covered by the refund?

I've at last got a letter saying I could be receiving a cheque. I handed in the forms here in December last year.

Phoned UK tax office today ref tax refund due from least March. "At the moment it is taking 12 weeks to turn around our post". The last letter,dated 30th August gives a phone number which is engaged or unobtainable. Changed the number when moving to new offices in August. When phoning it's engaged because of all the thousands also given the wrong number. After trying other departments to get the correct number we were advised to resubmit our claim with the relevant R43 and paperwork. I believe they are so inefficient they just hope you will give up,or die.

Checked on my R43 forms today (I sent them in in May). Was told they had not been received (lost more like [:@]). Eventually I was given a fax number to fax them through and that cost me 9.50 euro at the newsagents..... Phoned back to make sure they had been received and not stuck in the bin and was told "We are in Liverpool, forms go to Nottingham, you can't phone Nottingham, we can't phone Nottingham blah, blah same old same old....."

But she did say they were catching up "We are up to the middle of June now ..... wow [:-))] " So if like me you have heard nothing and you sent your 2008/2009 forms in before the middle of June you best phone 0044 151 210 2222 and press option 2 rather than listen to all the rubbish spouted at the beginning....

Cheers

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

No, because we have all been paying our French tax whilst awaiting the UK refund......[;-)

[/quote]

So have we, S.D. All legal and aboveboard.

What I mean is ,the OAP should have been taxed in France, so will we have to spend this refund on tax underpaid in France?

ps I've just capped onto what you mean , S.D.   [:$]  The french revenue have been taxing it all the time so we've been paying double tax.

[quote user="Patf"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

No, because we have all been paying our French tax whilst awaiting the UK refund......[;-)

[/quote]

So have we, S.D. All legal and aboveboard.

What I mean is ,the OAP should have been taxed in France, so will we have to spend this refund on tax underpaid in France?

ps I've just capped onto what you mean , S.D.   [:$]  The french revenue have been taxing it all the time so we've been paying double tax.

[/quote]

So, Patf, you've saved yourself all the angst that I've had and all the hours I've spent hoping they all get the pox and die of the plague except I'd like the Queen to now bring back hanging and quartering and wishing that their heads will be put on spikes to be an example to all incompetent b u g g e r s like themselves and that they be put in Dante's 8th circle (yes, I know but the 7th isn't painful enough) and they lose all their pensions.............[+o(] 

[quote user="sweet 17"]So, Patf, you've saved yourself all the angst that I've had and all the hours I've spent hoping they all get the pox and die of the plague except I'd like the Queen to now bring back hanging and quartering and wishing that their heads will be put on spikes to be an example to all incompetent b u g g e r s like themselves and that they be put in Dante's 8th circle (yes, I know but the 7th isn't painful enough) and they lose all their pensions.............[+o(] [/quote]

So, I suppose a Christmas card is out of the question then ...

Don't get up, I'll see myself out ...