Virements

Celestine

Hi there,

I want to send some money from French CA account to Halifax in UK via internet. I can easily send money to and from our French accounts like this but how do I set up a new one to a foreign bank, does anyone know please? When I click on the add new bank bit it says I need some kind of code and authorisation. Will I need to actually go to my branch here to set it up? Also want to set up a monthly transaction to this bank - whats the equivalent of a direct debit called in France please?

[quote user="Celestine"]Also want to set up a monthly transaction to this bank - whats the equivalent of a direct debit called in France please?[/quote]

(Can't help you with the rest) You're thinking of a Standing Order (ie money is pushed from the originating account to the receiving account) rather than a Direct Debit (where the money is pulled to the receiving account), and this is a "virement permanent". Or at least that's what SG calls them.

I think that you need to register the receiving account with CA before you use it: some online systems contact you and send you a code (eg via pre-registered landline or mobile) to confirm the transaction.

Regards

Pickles