micro bic enterprise and auto entrepeneur tax declaration

Frank

Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been done to death, have tried searching and read various links, but still cannot find an answer to my question! Here goes.............as an existing Micro bic enterprise professionelle, I have been advised/told by the chap who deals with the cotisations at RSI that I can take advantage of the regime 'micro social simplifie' for the cotisations paid at 12% on the 'chiffre d'affaire' (as opposed to the 45.5% of 'benefice') and continue to declare my revenue to the tax man as a micro bic professionelle. I have been looking for a definitive answer as to whether or it is correct (left hand right hand scenario!!) as the info I have read would seem that they are two seperate regimes and cannot be 'mixed'. There is always the possiblity the chap from RSI is correct and I have completly misunderstood the information, which is definately possible!!!! I have emailed the RSI to get a written answer but in the mean time if anyone knows if this is correct or of any websites where I can ask the question for a simple yes / no answer, I would be very grateful. Many thanks in advance for any replies/advice

Jetlag

more info here

http://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/avantages.htm

It means, as far as I understand, opting to become an auto entrepreneur.

If you have a business which falls under "artisans et commerçants ayant une activité de vente ou de fourniture de logements" and the RSI person seems to think that you do, then you could be liable for cotisations of 12% of CA which is less than half the amount under micro BIC (45% of 50% of CA = 22.5%)

I am not an expert but  just  someone else with a micro BIC so I think it would be wise to find out as much as possible about any disadvantages - change of status, healthcare provision, indemnity payments etc. before jumping in.

If it means halving your cotisations then it seems a pretty good idea. For me, as an artisan providing a service, I can't see any real advantage as my payments would work out at 21.3% of CA which is about the same as under the micro BIC.

Let us know what you find out and what you decide.

good luck

Danny

EDIT*****PS what is your business?*****EDIT

Hi Danny

many thanks for your link, I have had a good read and translated and interpreted that I may be able stay as a micro bic for tax, although I feel I may well be wrong!! Will wait and see what comes back from the RSI peeps then probably contact the impots as well. I have gites so my micro bic professionelle falls under 'commerce' and I will benefit greatly by declaring the cotisations under the micro social. I completed the form before end of last yr (as it had to be done then for this yrs cotisations) after being advised by RSI that I stay as a micro bic, it is only now I have had the confirmation letter and booklet that alarm bells are ringing about whether the info I received was correct. Thanks again for the link and I will keep you posted if I get anything back from RSI

Jetlag