Orange Account Scam

Quillan

Got the email below over night, why is it a scam, well check the return path in the header plus in my case its the wrong date the payment is taken and the wrong amount. I have included the header. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE EMAIL OR ENTER YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS WHEN ASKED.

Header

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mwinf2b27.orange.fr (mwinf2b27 [10.232.22.127])
         by mwinb2v01 with LMTPA;
         Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:41:58 +0100
X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.3
X-Bcc: [email protected]
Received: from me-wanadoo.net (localhost [127.0.0.1])
        by mwinf2b27.orange.fr (SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 84AEE2000090
        for <[email protected]>; Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:41:58 +0100 (CET)
Received: from cerberus.mstlogic.de (cerberus.mstlogic.de [80.190.98.142])
        by mwinf2b27.orange.fr (SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 7147F20000AB
        for <[email protected]>; Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:41:58 +0100 (CET)
X-ME-UUID: [email protected]
Received: from [62.233.107.91] (unknown [62.233.107.91])
        by cerberus.mstlogic.de (Postfix) with ESMTP id D9AF5D3DC4
        for <[email protected]>; Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:42:13 +0100 (CET)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="===============0164873219=="
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: =?utf-8?q?probl=C3=A9me_technique_sur_votre_compte=2E?=
To: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 02:41:46 +0000
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
X-me-spamlevel: not-spam
X-me-spamrating: 35.200001
X-me-spamcause:  OK, (-120)(0000)gggruggvucftvghtrhhoucdtuddrvdeltddrfeekgdduleduiecuteggodetufdouefn

ucfrrhhofhhilhgvmecuoffgnecuuegrihhlohhuthemuceftddtnecufhgrtghtuhhrvgdvgiculddqvddtmdenmhgvrhgtihdvgicu

lddqvddttddmnehmvghrtghiodguvgikrgikrghugiikugdkndculddutddtmd

You will not see this in a MIME-aware mail reader.
--===============0164873219==
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Description: Mail message body

Text

Chere cliente, cher client,

Le payement de votre derniere facture de 49.27 Euros devant etre effectue depuis le 19/02/2010 ,a ete refuse par votre banque.Nous n'avons pas pu effectuer un prelevement automatique pour le payement de la dite facture.Pour resoudre ce probleme, nous avons cree cette fiche de renseignement speciale qui vous permet d'acceder directement et en toute securite au serveur Orange payement.
Nous vous remercions de votre comprehention .Ne pas repondre a ce message.cliquez sur le lien securise apparaissant en dessous de ce messsage et accedez directement a votre fiche de payement .lire attentivement la fiche et merci de bien vouloir nous communiquer les renseignents nous permettant de prelever la dite somme.

pour pouvoir acceder au serveur securise Orange: CONNEXION DIRECTE

(The link is actually to http://www.futurevision.nl/images/assistance/Service/information.php)

merci

Service Clients Orange Adsl

There you go I have 'narrowed' it down a bit for you.

Only general Orange scams were mentioned. This one is more specific so I have put it on the forum as an example of the current one. Not everyone is 'up to speed' on these sort of things and may think they are real which is why I posted it, also not everyone has the benefit of your worldly wisdom. [;-)]

Not just for me, the bloke in the next house was reading it[:D]

No I agree, a word in the ear and all that .[:P] The one I mentioned is very similar, it says there has been an overpayment of X €, to confirm this and get a reimbursement, enter your orange password and confirm your bank details.  They are getting better at forging the Orange logo and page set up, just need to learn to spell[Www]

There has also been a torrent of fake Paypal security update E mails recently, so its worth repeating if its not addresssed to you specifically its not genuine and nobody asks for your personal details to be sent in an E mail.

I see Orange emails from time to time pointing us in the direction of Fidelity points. Simply and since 2007 have just binned them on the basis that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

This has now made me think?

How please does one now identify the points you have and secondly spend them or use them!

You will see that both in this regard and some others I am simply an innocent abroad. However I do think that more rather than less information is better.

Log into your Orange Account, click on Espace Client, click on Fidelity and you will see your points.

Go into the shop and choose what you want.

Place an order and the goods will arrive within a week.

and if you've not been there before dump the 10,000 junk emails you've got [:D]