Mortgage company

carp-guru

I am posting on behalf of my father. He is looking into a property of which he has 90% of the cost of the house. However, being 64 and retiring in August would a mortgage company consider him. He has a income coming in excluding his current job, in order to cover a mortgage .

Can anybody suggest a bank / Mortgage company to approach. Thankyou in advance

Most French mortgage companies need to have it fully paid by the age of 70, and I can vaguely remember 5 years being the minimum term, we got ours through BNP Paribas very easily ,by email and telephone all in English with no fuss and bother.

Hi,

I am a single female over 60 years young. I took out a small mortgage when I was 60 to get a better property than those I could get for my capital at that time. I was told, and I think this still stands, that it is NOT your age but the fact that you have to prove that you can afford the repayments. My mortgage was for 15 years and has now been fixed for the entire length of the mortgage regardless of rate rises/decreases. If you need more details of the excellent service I received whilst applying for this mortgage, please let me know and I will send you a PM (Private Message.

tuppence