tax habitation paying me !??

I have just found the weird situation that the North Vaucluse tax system (DGFIP FINANCES PUBLIQUES DE: D.G.F.I.P. IMPOT) has paid my entire new year's tax habitation amount of €400 INTO my account last Wednesday 17th, 2 days after taking the first €40 monthly instalment for 2024 on Monday 15th. They had advised me by letter a few days previously of what the monthly payments would be.  Has anything similar happened to anyone else? 

Obviously I'm going to leave it as it is in the expectation that they'll reverse it shortly......   

Thanks for the reply....  I just this morning received another letter saying "Unless we are mistaken, your housing tax assessment was not known as of 12/31/2023.  Consequently, the payments made in 2023 for an amount of €400.00 constitute a surplus which is reimbursed to you by transfer to the following bank account: (correct details) 

If an assessment is issued, you will have to pay the amount indicated in full according to the terms specified on the notice." 

It's a second home (and thus not residence principale) and I'm back in England, so I can't get hold of the paperwork from last year which is in a file down there.  However it's just occurred to me that the house is owned through an SCI, which has the house address. I guess an SCI must be permanently resident at its address....    I also have a letter from the same office advising me that they'll be deducting the same amount every month for 2024.     I imagine they will catch up with me eventually.            

Edited by Steve Last
typos